Sunday, September 20, 2009

Two party system?

I think that there should be more then two dominant parties but at the same time I believe that it is going to stay with two dominant parties for a long time. With more then two parties it lets people have more of a variety and they can expand their feelings on certain situations. Although, there has been these two parties for a very long time now, it is something that people are very use to. When people come so use to something it is often hard to get them to change, and when change occurs some may not respond well. In the end I believe it is a good idea for more then two parties but at the same time I believe it wont happen, or at least not for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. yes, after doing something for so long it becomes a habit. After having a two party system for so long switching to something else, like more parties would be difficult. It would take a long time to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The basic concept of tradition doesn't allow much room for change, especially in this society. More parties would just create more social unrest and splinter the american people into private interest groups. As reluctant as i am to say this, we almost need more unspecific representation because we need to be united about something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that if it were possible to have more than two parties it will be a good thing for our political party system. It would give us more choices and bring more ideas and views to the table. I also agree that it would be rather difficult to make the change because its been this way for so long.

    ReplyDelete