Sunday, October 25, 2009

Marijuana Legalization

I feel that marijuana should be legalized and taxed. People use marijuana for health reasons and it really works for certain people. I believe that marijuana is also a lot safer then alcohol is and once legalized the crime rate involving marijuana will likely decrease.

2 comments:

  1. I agree it should be legalized. Taxing it would give much needed income to the government and the states. The demand for the illegal drug trade from out of the country would go down and with it hopefully some of the violence. However, I don't know what the effects of legalizing it here would be on some of the latin american countries that supply it. It may hurt them more than it's hurting us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely agree with you on everything you said. i think its kind of ridiculous that alcohol which has proven to be a lot more dangerous than marijuana is legal while something that has the potential to help people is not.

    ReplyDelete